Medical education and training varies considerably across world. Various teaching methodologies are in practice in medical education, to enhance teaching and learning among participants. It plays a key role in:
- Improving the quality of training and assess faculties in development of curricula for Medical and Dental specialties.
- Reviewing and revising the previous curricula.
- Monitoring and evaluating educational programs both under and post-graduate Medical education department at Fazaia Medical College is established in response to increased public expectations relating to healthcare, social trends towards increased accountability, educational developments, increased interest in what to teach and how to educate doctors and the need to train competent doctors.
The mission of DME, Fazaia medical college is to promote Professionalism and Excellence in Medical Education. DME will function to promote faculty development, curriculum development, student assessment plan and research in medical education.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
The main aims and objectives of DME, Fazaia medical college are:
- To develop critical thinking and problem solving skills relating to medical profession, teaching and learning.
- To organize faculty development and Continuing Health Profession Education activities.
- To promote research and publication in medical education
The recent activities organized by department of Medical education include:
- Workshops for faculty development:
- 1. Workshop on Problem Based Learning (PBL)
- 2. Workshop on Integrated Curriculum.
- 3. Workshop on Case Based Learning (CBL)
- 4. How to Construct MCQs
- 5. International Conference and Work shop on “Patient Safety”
- 6. International Conference on “Life Sciences”
- Workshops for student soft skill development:
- 1. Workshop on “Basic Life Support”
- 2. Workshop on “How to Read a Research Paper”
- 3. Workshop on “Breaking Bad News”
COLLABORATION WITH VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS OF MEDICAL EDUCATION
DME –FMC collaborates with Department of Medical Education of various institutions at regional level with extended networking with them.
FUTURE PLANS IN UNDERGRADUATE AND POST-GRADUATE LEVEL
We are focusing on learning methodologies considering the importance of workshops for faculty development at regular basis. Our teaching faculty consists of senior professors with a predominant experience in their respective fields. We have a team of highly professional clinicians as well as basic sciences professor in the fields of Surgery, Medicine, Gynae and Obstetrics, Pathology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics’ and Radiology.